- RT @SabahKashmiri: #Saleem ,driver of the Yatri vehicle which came under attack,saved many lives by pulling away when bus came under attack… 1 week ago
- RT @NafeesA49139746: ek #saleem jisne jaan bachai Ek #sandeep jo lashkr ka atanki nikla Terror is just terrorism, he has no religion Soch b… 1 week ago
- Asalam-alikum #saleem your message is not to Hindu Brothers but to Muslim Brothers who lost real meaning of #Islam. #MyKindaMuslim 1 week ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/6BoFFBUqU 1 week ago
- Nice #electric era. Will love to see that coming. twitter.com/amitranjan/sta… 1 month ago
Sharing business ideas for better!
Big Data an African Elephant with speed of Cheetah
June 8, 2012Posted by on
Today we are dealing with 2.5 quintillion bytes of data, so much so that we created 90% of data in the world today in the last two years. In 2011 alone humans created 1.8 zettabytes of data? That would be equivalent to 200 billion high-definition movies that are at least 120 minutes long. It would take one person 47 million years to watch all those movies. So the data is heavy and we are facing a rat race today. If you want to win the race, you have to be fast in your analytics. The data which was taking 3 weeks earlier should be ready in 10 minutes.
What are the statistics?
- 150,000 new domains are created each day.
- 1 hour of High Definition video is uploaded on youtube every second.
- 12 Terabytes of tweets every day.
- Millions of credit card transactions each hour.
- 350 million new queries are crated by users each day to search the same item.
Speed and Agility..
Did you know an African Elephant can weigh about 5000 kg, and a Cheetah can run at top speed of 74 mph? Big Data is about combining both, letting an African Elephant run on I-95 with a speed of Cheetah.
Stop thinking and start implementing…
Big Data is bursting amount of data. That data will gives you immense amount of information. With data that huge, we can draw patterns and predictions. And a company can come up with business strategies from those predictions. If you need to stand out in the crowd you have to start implementing Big Data Analytics.